Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dress on Dress off

Sometimes breaking your own rules is a good idea. I don't know why I even make rules while I'm working, and even more to the point, why I find it so difficult to give myself permission to break them when I am the one who made them in the first place.
Anyway, jumping past the other projects to work on this one paid off this time. I managed to work through some support problems with all the rest of the doll/figure projects and find some sorely needed direction.
This is the very rough form for the body I put up a couple of posts ago- her feet obviously need some love, and of course she needs a head-
but she has a marvelous dress ala Paula and I can't wait to get my hands on her.

2 comments:

  1. I think this shot needs a caption. I want it animated. sound effects of shuffling feet, pacing, considering. Could be a good metaphor for the process we go through creating these creatures. I also think it might be interesting to add the shots to the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!
    I hear it- I see it!
    What better metaphor could there be for the process than looking for our heads!

    ReplyDelete