Wednesday, May 30, 2012

How I spent my summer vacation


So, I guess you could say, I spent my time fishing- or removing from this assemblage of scrap wood everything that is not a fish. I am still tweaking and sanding and the whiskers were a late addition that are still rough cut and need to be refined.
I had some great help from my friend, Paula and her talented eye, in her suggestions to slim down the fins and ease the transition between the head and tail section-but what I am calling, for now, "Some of us are built for speed and some of us are not" is getting very close and I still have not decided what type of finish I will use to, uh, finish it.

2 comments:

  1. Love the base here. Does it have a sharp upper edge too?
    Those were your thoughts about thinning down. You just didn't voice them until I asked!

    ReplyDelete